- Advising the central government, the provinces and municipalities as well as their companies and partners on the needs of the public sector.
- Assisting Public and Semi-Public Operators, from the development of their strategy to the day-to-day management of their activities, in the following fields: organization and management of public bodies, choice of contractual arrangements, launch of consultation procedures, negotiation and monitoring of contracts, management of public services, economic interventionism, digital and energy transition, out-of-court settlement and litigation before national and supra-national authorities.
- Providing comprehensive support for entities in the financial sector and combining regulatory expertise with broad networking in the market, with supervisory authorities, associations and legislators.
- Advising industrial and family businesses on legal issues related to business operations.
- Supporting firms in organizing and enforcing law within the company and avoiding liability, as well as partners in all matters of monitoring and succession.
- Assisting (directors of) businesses, civil servants and private clients during questioning by the law enforcement authorities, providing support during searches, maintaining contact with the law enforcement authorities and the public prosecutor and seeking possibilities to close the criminal prosecution, preferably without having to go to trial.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are non-subsidiary, independent firms which employ fewer than a given number of employees. This number varies across countries. The most frequent upper limit designating an SME is 250 employees, as in the European Union. However, some countries set the limit at 200 employees, while the United States considers SMEs to include firms with fewer than 500 employees.
VAN LEEUWEN LAW FIRM advises company directors active in all economic sectors. Drawing on its multidisciplinary approach, the law firm offers technical, practical and innovative solutions for meeting the needs of business leaders.
Harnessing the experience of its officially qualified attorneys, VAN LEEUWEN LAW FIRM is the first choice and a key ally for the liberal professions.
Choosing the most suitable form, drafting or updating articles of incorporation, legal compliance auditing, preparing employment contracts and other legal documents, applying for grants – whatever your issue, MR. B.A.S. (BAS) VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., ESQ), attorney at law, can find the best solution for you.
More than ever, real estate lies at the heart of fundamental and strategic issues for actors in both the private and public sphere, in both their private or professional life. To clearly and more simply understand complex regulations that bring together increasingly broad and varied sources, it is essential to seek the best advice.
The public sector is the part of an economy in which goods and services are produced and/or (re)distributed by government agencies. Civil servants working for government entities are public sector employees, whereas those employed by private employers not affiliated with government are private sector employees.
Regardless of the extent and scope of an investigation, police are bound by constraints imposed upon them by Dutch Police Force Law and Dutch Constitution. If a prosecutor believes you stepped outside your lawful bounds as an officer, you can find yourself facing serious criminal charges of (military) police misconduct. If you are a (Military) Police Officer, you know that you need to protect your law enforcement badge, after all, it’s your livelihood!
VAN LEEUWEN LAW FIRM’s private client-oriented practice concentrates on individuals as well as families and provides them with advice associated with the accumulation, management and transfer of personal assets.